Summer Bell Pepper
Bell peppers are perfect to bring summer to your plate. Their color and flavor instantly brighten any dish. I love to grill them and serve them cold with olive oil. Here is the recipe to cook these great in season veggies full of health benefits!
- 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 orange, 1 yellow)
- 1 trickle of extra virgin olive oil
- a few anchovies (optional)
1. Put the whole bell peppers in your oven on broil mode. Let each face cook for about 5 minutes (or until it becomes a little bit burn like on the picture above).
2. Once the bell peppers are cooked on each face take them out of the oven and let them cool down in a closed container. This step will make it very easy to peel the peppers.
3. After letting them cool down, peel the peppers, open them and remove the seeds (see picture below). Cut them in slices.
Then you can put them in the fridge and serve them cold with a trickle of olive oil and a few anchovies. Cooked like this, I find bell peppers much more digestible than when they are eaten raw. They can also be a great addition to your salads or pasta!